Why is December the Perfect Time to See Your Dentist?
The holiday season can take a toll on your oral health, especially if you indulge in sugary treats and beverages. In order to maintain optimal oral health, it’s important to see your dentist regularly for checkups and cleanings. But there is an even better time to schedule an appointment—during the month of December. Here’s why you should consider scheduling an appointment this month:
- Most dental insurance plans renew at the start of the year. By seeing a dentist in December, your insurance provider will already have an idea of how often you typically visit the dentist. This will help them determine your premium for next year.
- Many offices offer specials on dental treatments during the holiday season. Often, these specials can be found in the form of coupons to reduce the cost of treatments or free take-home whitening kits after your first appointment.
- Holiday treats tend to be high in sugar content, which increases the risk of tooth decay and cavities. Seeing your dentist before the new year is a great way to ensure your mouth is in the best shape possible by the time the holidays are over.
- Whether you host a party or attend one as a guest, you are likely to indulge in sugary treats and alcoholic beverages that could harm your teeth if you do not practice proper oral hygiene beforehand.
- So, why not visit your dentist in December? For one, some insurance plans renew on January 1st, which means they will expire at the end of this year. This means that any unused benefits will go to waste if they are not used before the new year begins.
- Winter is the prime time for colds and the flu. Be sure to end the year with a healthy smile at your dentist’s office by coming in for a cleaning and consultation to get a head start on your new year’s oral health routine!
- After the holiday season is over, many people focus on New Year’s resolutions to improve their health. If one of your goals for 2023 is to take good care of your oral health, schedule your appointment now so that when the New Year comes, you’re already working toward your goal!
Dr. James Thurber DDS, located in Lubbock, TX, has modern amenities and the latest technologies that enable the best dental care facilities for patients. Call us at (806) 745-6644 and book a consultation with the dentist.